Monday, February 6, 2017

Monochromatic Collage

1. Anyone doing the F*Facebook activity? I'm going a little nuts...I'm not huge on football so watching the Superbowl was a nice time to nap. I wanted to know what the Pink fans were saying about Gaga's flight, how my buddy felt watching his team come back, I wanted to share a dumb photo of the junk food we declared "dinner." I've been keeping notes on stuff that I would normally share or photograph and I'm feeling pretty lame. Here's a super good one, totally worth sharing: Tilex is great for baseboards and kitchen floors! Yep, I just cleaned the whole kitchen with bleach mildew remover instead of 409. hashtagMyHouseSmellsLikeAPublicPoolMyWindowsWillBeOpenForDaysImDyingALittle
I have a problem. Maybe this really will be good...just another step toward adulting?

2. Those bananas are awesome! They made my morning!

This Week!
 Grab some magazines, paint chips, and real photographs! This week we're going to create a monochromatic collage. Choose a color, an expression or idea, cut out letters to tell a story, grab a needle and thread and stitch through the page, find a lighter and a crayon to drip, glitter, paint, stamps, paper clips, staples, lots of glue...it's a collage! Do whatever you can smash into your journal.

Here are some fun links to inspire you (nothing is affiliated because, like, there are 40 of us, the internets are not paying attention):

Basic Google Search for Monochromatic Collage

Pinterest Pop-Ups

Sewing Pinspiration 

Don't stress about getting stitches and pop-ups and wax and glitter all at once. We'll have several collaging projects throughout. Just focus on one color this week :)

Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment